Thursday, December 8, 2016

IS ANYBODY LISTENING?

There have been times when I was pastoring that I would be pouring out my heart, preaching what I felt the Lord wanted me to preach. However I would notice that several were yawning, some whispering to their neighbor, others glaring at the child who is being mischevious and of course those looking at Facebook lol. Not very often but once an a while I felt like screaming "IS ANYBODY LISTENING"?

I wonder if God feels the same way sometimes. You know when He desires to pour into us His love, passion, wisdom and plan. If your like me than you've been guilty of being to tired, preoccupied, distracted or entertained to hear the Lord at times. Wait a minute do you mean to say that God still speaks to us today? ABSOLUTELY, YES!! He speaks through the Bible, other believers, circumstances and audibly. God speaks in many ways and when we are not sure if we have heard from God or if we are certain that we have. We can know that if it is God, it will line up with the Bible and always bring Him glory. 

So are you listening? I mean 
- Do you want to hear from God?
- Do you believe that He wants to speak to you?
- Are you willing to take some time and listen?

Here are some things that help me to hear. Hopefully they will help you.

1. Keep your ears / heart turned to Jesus.
2. Take the time. Get alone with God.
3. Let Him know that you desperatly want to hear from Him.
4. Listen!

So go for it! Get alone with God and pour out your heart give all of yourself to Him.  Say "Speak, for your servant is listening." 1 Samuel 3:10 

    My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: John 10:27
 

1 comment:

  1. This is great!!! Thank you so much for sharing..I needed this!

    ReplyDelete